[Mailman-Users] Mailman discarding messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Mar 24 20:44:20 CET 2008

Zbigniew Szalbotwrote:

>2008/3/24, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>:
>
>> Post from a moderated member if member_moderation_action is discard.
>This user has been removed.

Post is from a member if any of From:, Reply-To: or Sender: contain a
member address or if the envelope sender is a member.

>It seems it is not one of the above. Is there a way to turn on more debugging?

I forgot one - post from non-member and generic_nonmember_action is
Discard.

There is no additional debugging without actually patching the code,
but you could set forward_auto_discards to Yes (or maybe it is
already). If forward_auto_discards is Yes, the owner will get an
Auto-discard notification if and only if the message is discarded
because of discard_these_nonmembers or generic_nonmember_action, so
that might help narrow it down.