[Mailman-Users] Some detail questions about migrating lists

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Sun Mar 16 22:07:40 CET 2008

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> I'm not sure what's happening in total, but the 'ftg at roadrunner.com' is
> your own Reply-To: from the incoming post. The default is to add any
> additional reply-to address to that. If you want it removed, you need
> to set first_strip_reply_to to Yes.
>
> As far as the rest of it is concerned, I don't understand what's
> happening. If reply_goes_to_list is set to This list, what is put in
> <webdata at ftgme2.griffin.selectbs.com>. I don't know where the list
> description and owner address are coming from.
>
> Is there anything in reply_to_address (although it doesn't seem that
> this could do what you see anyway)?

It wasn't the addition of ftg at roadrunner.com in the reply-to that made
me curious (I can see that this list does that as well), but the fact
that the second entry has the correct description but the wrong
address.  Referencing my later post, it seems to be getting the address
from somewhere external to the actual list profile.

Where exactly is the authoritative location for these settings ?  I'll
print and post them.

Nothing shows in the UI for an explicit reply-to address, and the option
to use one is not checked.