[Mailman-Users] Some detail questions about migrating lists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Mar 16 21:51:46 CET 2008

Frank Griffin wrote:

>Thanks for the reply.  I've recently gotten back to this and wanted to
>post my results.
>
>In addition to the steps you posted, I needed to run "withlist -a -l -r
>fix_url".
>
>However, I have one anomaly that still needs resolution:
>
>All of the lists I moved had the option set to reply to the list (yes, I
>know), and they show up this way when I display them in the admin UI.
>However, when I post to them, the post mails arrive with a reply-to of
>the poster and the list description linked to an email address of the
>list owner, e.g.

>              WebData Project Discussion <frank.griffin at selectbs.com>

>poster is ftg at roadrunner.com .  It seems to me that this ought to be
>WebData Project Discussion <webdata at ftgme2.griffin.selectbs.com> .
>
>Did I miss a step ?  What can I do to correct this ?

I'm not sure what's happening in total, but the 'ftg at roadrunner.com' is
your own Reply-To: from the incoming post. The default is to add any
additional reply-to address to that. If you want it removed, you need
to set first_strip_reply_to to Yes.

As far as the rest of it is concerned, I don't understand what's
happening. If reply_goes_to_list is set to This list, what is put in
<webdata at ftgme2.griffin.selectbs.com>. I don't know where the list
description and owner address are coming from.

Is there anything in reply_to_address (although it doesn't seem that
this could do what you see anyway)?