[Mailman-Users] Apache, mailman and ScriptAlias - not as documented

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Jun 26 04:11:33 CEST 2008

On 6/25/08, Vidiot wrote:

>  Thanks for pointing this out.  I'll go away now and compile the source
>  when I get Sol10 working.  Speaking of that, do you suggest using GNU or
>  Sun Studio to compile the package?

Following our standard installation procedure works just fine for
Solaris 10.  I've done it.

Moreover, the Mailman code is written in Python, so there shouldn't
be any need to compile anything with any C compiler.

If there was anything that needed to be compiled with a C compiler, I
would think that the Gnu C compiler would probably be a better choice
than the Sun compiler, but it shouldn't really make much of a
difference.  What differences there are would probably be more a
result of gmake versus Sun's version of make, as compared to the
compiler differences.