[Mailman-Users] Apache, mailman and ScriptAlias - not as

Vidiot brown at mrvideo.vidiot.com
Thu Jun 26 05:36:51 CEST 2008

Brad Knowles responded:

>Following our standard installation procedure works just fine for
>Solaris 10.  I've done it.

Thanks, great news.

>Moreover, the Mailman code is written in Python, so there shouldn't
>be any need to compile anything with any C compiler.

D'oh!

>If there was anything that needed to be compiled with a C compiler, I
>would think that the Gnu C compiler would probably be a better choice
>than the Sun compiler, but it shouldn't really make much of a
>difference.  What differences there are would probably be more a
>result of gmake versus Sun's version of make, as compared to the
>compiler differences.

At work we use Sun Studio for compiling the Solaris 10 i386 version and
gcc to compile the Solaris 8 sparc version.  Both using gmake.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot at vidiot.com                                /~\ The ASCII
[I've been to Earth.  I know where it is.         ]      \ / Ribbon Campaign