[Mailman-Users] Mailman Migration Trouble

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jun 17 17:15:25 CEST 2008

Carlos Williams wrote:

>So now I am looking at path in the error I received:
>
>OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
>'/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/mailman.mbox'
>                                                           [FAILED]
>
>When I look at the path in the error on my server_old and server_new,
>I notice the mailman.mbox path goes on and on and on and on...
>
>Is this normal? Look below - its identical on both servers however
>mailman works on server_old.

This is very wrong. There should be one archives/private/list.mbox
directory for each list and that directory should contain one
list.mbox file which is a mailbox contianing all posts archived for
the list. I.e., in the case of the 'mailman' list, an
archives/private/mailman.mbox directory containing an
archives/private/mailman.mbox/mailman.mbox file.

What does 'ls -lR /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/mailman.mbox' show
on the old and new servers? What about other lists?