[Mailman-Users] Mailman Migration Trouble

Carlos Williams carloswill at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 19:13:36 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
> This is very wrong. There should be one archives/private/list.mbox
> directory for each list and that directory should contain one
> list.mbox file which is a mailbox contianing all posts archived for
> the list. I.e., in the case of the 'mailman' list, an
> archives/private/mailman.mbox directory containing an
> archives/private/mailman.mbox/mailman.mbox file.
>
> What does 'ls -lR /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/mailman.mbox' show
> on the old and new servers? What about other lists?
When I run "ls -lR /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/mailman.mbox" I
get an output that is a mile long. The results from that command is
huge. Every other list has one .mbox file with 775 permissions except
mailman. I do see some other stuff I do not like so I am going to
start from scratch. I think I will just re-create all the mailman
lists from scratch and force everyone to re-subscribe.