[Mailman-Users] Mail Processing Problem?

Dennis Putnam dap1 at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 11 23:53:15 CET 2008

Thanks for the reply.

I'll remove those changes.

The exact response is:

550 [PERMFAIL] bellsouth.net requires valid sender domain (in reply to
RCPT TO command))

I should have paid more attention, sorry. Is not the RCPT TO command
itself but the reply to it and I believe it is referring to my
mailman/SMTP server.

I  can't tell you the specific difference because there are no useful
messages (just a 250 sent message) when it is successful. My main
point was that a message formed by the 'mail' command, on the same
server, works so it seems a mailman config issue. I don't think
SMTP-AUTH matters since both go through the same local 'SMTP'  server
to the same ISP mail server. Right? Isn't the mechanism 'sendmail' in
both cases to my SMTP server? Or is 'mailman' trying to talk directly
to my ISP's mail server? I don't recall doing anything special with
mailman when it was working for my ISP's mail server. I may have done
something to 'postfix' specifically for mailman but I don't recall
what.