[Mailman-Users] Delete message in large mbox

Barry Finkel b19141 at britaine.cis.anl.gov
Mon Feb 25 18:43:58 CET 2008

>  I tried to use vim, but it's a too long file to manage (I don't know how
>  to do, too).

I have not had as chance to read this entire thread from the weekend,
so maybe what I have to say has already been said.

I once had to processs a 1+Gb mbox file where there had been a
mail loop, which caused the mbox file to grow in size.  The owner
wanted to save all of the non-looping mail in the mbox.

I ended up using head, tail, grep, and a few other Unix utilities
to find the wanted mail and extract it into a new mbox file.
It would have been easier to use vi or vim, but the file was too large.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov