[Mailman-Users] multiple vhosting for lists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Feb 25 19:42:45 CET 2008

audit wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> audit wrote:
>>
>>> Can I just add the other domain.tld mailman: to the transport file and
>>> run postmap /usr/local/etc/postfix/transport
>>>

>> It depends what your 'mailman' transport does.
>>

>The above entry is the only entry in my transport file. I have lists for
>the primary domain in the server that work fine and I didn't need to add
>the
>
>domain.com mailman:
>
>entry in until I was having problems trying to some mail lists over to a hosted domain on the server.

I still have no idea what you're doing because this is not at all the
usual way of handling virtual domains with Mailman in Postfix, but a
line such as

domain.com mailman:

in the transport file requires a definition of the 'mailman' transport
in main.cf. Depending on what that transport does, this may or may not
work with a second domain.

>>> and then in my mm.cfg.py add another line below my current one
>>>
>>> add_virtualhost('www.domain.com', 'domain.com')
>>>
>>> add_virtualhost('www.newdomain.com', 'newdomain.com')
>>>
>>> and then restart mailman?
>>>

>> That's all you need to do in Mailman.

Actually, if you are configuring Mailman/Postfix integration with
virtual hosts, you may also need to add 'newdomain.com' to the
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS list in mm_cfg.py

See <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node12.html>.

>> Whether or not you need to do anything in your web server configuration
>> depends on whether or not the existing Mailman stuff will apply to the
>> www.newdomain.com virtual host.
>>

>I believe I only need to add
>        ScriptAlias /mailman   "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin"
>        Alias       /pipermail "/usr/local/mailman/archives/public"
>to the new domain's apache vhost conf for that domain and reload apache.

That seems right, but you may need

<Directory "/path/to/archives/public">
    Options +FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

unless it is already explicit or implicit in global settings.