[Mailman-Users] Delete message in large mbox

Odieresis [Gmail] odieresis at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 18:59:24 CET 2008

Barry Finkel ha scritto:
>> I ended up using head, tail, grep, and a few other Unix utilities
>> to find the wanted mail and extract it into a new mbox file.
>> It would have been easier to use vi or vim, but the file was too large.

I didn't do any changes yet, I was working on other projects.
Vim is a new utility for me, but there's a useful guide I can use to do
what I need for now. Your example makes me think I have to worry about
the future growth of the mailbox and how to handle it with different
utilities I don't know.

Do you think there is an easier way to do these cleanings? A sort of
webmail interface?