[Mailman-Users] getting python errorss with check_perms

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Feb 6 02:19:12 CET 2008

Rob Tanner wrote:

>I think the bug URL you gave me is a wrong URL.  Bug 132495 is a
>Japanese encoding bug and its status is closed (which I presume means
>fixed).  That doesn't sound like the problem I'm seeing.

Read further down in the comment thread. It talks about the _() i18n
function being changed to C_().

However, lines 37 to 48 of our check_perms are

try:
    import paths
except ImportError:
    print '''Could not import paths!

This probably means that you are trying to run check_perms from the
source
directory.  You must run this from the installation directory instead.
'''
    raise
from Mailman import mm_cfg
from Mailman.mm_cfg import MAILMAN_USER, MAILMAN_GROUP
from Mailman.i18n import _

Is this what your's looks like?