[Mailman-Users] On Manageability

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Sat Dec 20 06:43:50 CET 2008

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> J.A. Terranson writes:
>
>  > Add option checkboxes to the current request.  You already have an "Allow
>  > this person to send in the future", add
>  > "Allow this person to ignore future size limits"
>
> Better phrasing would be
>
>     Do not enforce size limits on this person.

Agreed.

> I don't much like this addition of more options per post, though,
> because these pages are already too big for convenience, spilling over
> to many screens.  I would prefer a more compressed format so I can
> nuke the obvious spam quickly, then go through a pass with more
> detailed treatment of individual posts.

This is a good point, although I still would like a lot more granularity
in my decision making.  The ability to set an override *once*, will save
me hundreds of hours a year in listmeister time.

At the same time, I agree the current interface is clunky, fugly, and
slower that gardenias blossoming under heavy doses of fertilizer. But I
love it just the same.

> Certainly both can be done, but the option of a highly compressed
> format is far higher priority on my wishlist.

Interestingly, I would place it at #2 on my list, as getting #1 will
by definition allow me to enjoy #2, but without #1, #2 doesnt matter.

//Alif

--
Yours,
J.A. Terranson

"Never belong to any party, always oppose privileged classes and public
plunderers, never lack sympathy with the poor, always remain devoted to
the public welfare, never be satisfied with merely printing news, always
be drastically independent, never be afraid to attack wrong, whether by
predatory plutocracy or predatory poverty."

Joseph Pulitzer
1907 Speech