[Mailman-Users] Multiple subscribers set in mailman

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Thu Dec 4 05:19:55 CET 2008

On 12/01/2008 05:58 AM, swapan mitra wrote:
> We have series of messages (all messages are interlinked by topic)
> which we want to share with our mailing list subscribers. Now this is
> fine with already subscribed mailing list members. But who joins new
> into the same Mailing list we want to send them, messages from the
> first one and onwards how can we do that? As the new subscribers are
> only receives the current messages they will find meaning less
> content. I hope I can get some solutions for this.

As others have pointed out, you can point (new) subscribers to the
mailing list archive.

If you wanted to, you could set up the news gateway so that Maiman sends
copies of posts to a news group on a news server and then have your
(new) subscribers download individual messages from there.

(I suspect that it might even be possible to get something to extract
messages from either the archive or the news group and send individual
messages to the (new) subscribers upon request.)

Oh, don't worry, you are not alone in wanting this feature.  I've given
it some thought too.  I'd love to find a way to ""request that
individual messages are sent somewhere after the fact.  Once I figure
this out, it would be nice to extend the "...-request at ..." handler to
support this.

Grant. . . .