[Mailman-Users] Lapsed domain name

Amos Glenn amosglenn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 20:01:32 CET 2008

Hi everyone-
I couldn't find an answer to this question in any of my searches, so I'm
asking the list. I feel pretty stupid making the assumptions I did to get
myself into this mess, but here it goes:

Some time ago, I was asked to administer a mailing list for a group under
their domain name. When the community never developed, the group asking me
to administer basically disbanded. I thought nothing of it until a few
months ago, I learned that people were still receiving monthly reminders
from Mailman of their list information. They want me to turn the list off so
the people who had subscribed will stop receiving monthly reminders of the
disappointing end of the list.

But between then and now, the group let the domain name lapse and someone
else now owns the domain name. Thus I can no longer get to the Mailman list
admin website to turn the list off.

I contacted the web host and they were "unresponsive."

Is there some other way to stop the list?

Thanks very much,
Amos