[Mailman-Users] Third party unsubscribe request

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Apr 17 19:49:30 CEST 2008

Dave Hillam writes:

 > I reckon that it's more of a presentation issue - why tell people to
 > contact the listadmin, if there's nothing that can be done? On the
 > other hand, it gives a point of contact/reassurance for list members
 > who may get confused/upset at this, I suppose.

That's the main point.

 > Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm minded to change the
 > boilerplate response text, but am not certain whether this would be a
 > Good Idea.

A Better Presentation would be a Good Idea, IMHO.  If you can come up
with one.  Removing the pointer to the list admin isn't, IMHO, because
it does happen that somebody within the admin's domain is doing this
mischievously or maliciously, and they may have the power to
discipline the miscreant.