[Mailman-Users] Third party unsubscribe request

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Apr 16 18:56:44 CEST 2008

Dave Hillam wrote:

> But - other than tell him to ignore the unsubscribe request, what can
> I do as listadmin in these circumstances? I suspect this may be a
> one-off (it's a friendly list), but I'd like to know just in case we
> have someone messing around.

There's not much you can do.  You might be able to go through your logs and
get some information about the unsubscription request that came through, and
if you've got the IP address of the sender and an accurate date/time stamp,
you could send a note to postmaster@ or abuse@ for that site and ask that
they take care of the issue.  But beyond that, there's not much.