[Mailman-Users] alias question...

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Apr 1 19:12:59 CEST 2008

Dov Oxenberg wrote:

>I think I just spent too long in front of the computer yesterday :-)
>Under /var/lib/mailman/messages folder are directories with what appear to be country abbreviations?

No. It is I who spent too much time doing whatever. The messages/
directory has nothing to do with Maildir. It is the normal
localization message catalog. Ignore everything in my prior post about
Maildir.

>I am not 100% positive, but I could swear I installed mailman by running configure>make>make install

That process would not have created all those /var/lib/mailman symlinks
nor would it have put the locks and logs directories in
/var/lock/mailman and /var/log/mailman unless the package you
configured was non-standard to begin with.