[Mailman-Users] Approved header problem

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Sun Sep 16 03:52:07 CEST 2007

I've been using Mailman with great success for almost 9 months
through EMWD (http://www.emwd.com/mailman.html).  Now I have a
question that I have been unable to find a match to in the old
messages or FAQ.

Following the instructions in the FAQ entry 3.11, "How do I create a
newsletter/announcement/one-way list?", I have been sending to an
announcement list for months by adding the Approved: <password> line
at the start of the message text.

But sometimes I screw up and past it into the wrong email, and then
have to change the password.

In an attempt to avoid that mistake I figured out how to make my
email program add this as a actual header line.  It adds it as the
third header line, after the From and To, before the Subject.  But
Mailman, running version 2.1.9.cp2, rejects it and sends it back as
it would if I left the Approved out.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I see no way in my email program to
control the position of the Approved header item in the list.

Thanks!

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT