[Mailman-Users] failing qrunner

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sun Sep 16 06:24:00 CEST 2007

On 9/15/07, Jaco Kroon wrote:

>  So at this point it simply wouldn't continue any further, and
>  smtp-failures actually logs the address after the faulty one as the one
>  causing a problem.

To avoid this problem in the future, try enabling personalization on
the list, and using VERP.  Then Mailman will make separate delivery
attempts for each user, and only the invalid one would fail in the
manner you described.  The rest should go through normally.

This would be a bigger performance hit on the server, but would help
make your day-to-day operations more robust.

This is especially important since you've said you can't upgrade any
of the software, and we know that more recent versions of Mailman
have significantly improved their ability to handle failures of
various different types and continue trying to deliver everything
else.