[Mailman-Users] Looking to migrate off of Majordomo

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Oct 22 19:47:52 CEST 2007

Scott Mohnkern wrote:

>Okay, that probably made someone choke.   We're currently running
>majordomo (and have been for years) and we're looking to migrate off of
>majordomo, however, we need a solution which allows for non web based
>list management. (i.e. via email messages to the server)

Mailman can't be administered effectively by email. It can be
administered without a web server by a combination of email and
command line tools, but not by email alone.

List owners/moderators can approve or discard held posts and held
(un)subscribe requests by email, but that's about it. Other list admin
tasks require a web interface or shell access with write permission to
the Mailman installation.