[Mailman-Users] single list has stopped working while otherscontinue to work

Wallace Winfrey wally at booyaka.com
Tue May 22 03:48:28 CEST 2007

Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Are you looking at the right logs? i.e. are there lots of current
> entries in Mailman's post and smtp logs that you're looking at.

Yeah, lots of current entries in post and smtp - normal list activity.

> If so, are you sure there is nothing in Mailman's error log and nothing
> unusual in Mailman's qrunner and vette logs?

The only thing I see from today in qrunner is my earlier mailman
restart; vette shows lots of spam 'Post by a non-member to a
members-only list' to our active lists (as usual), and a few legitimate
posts here and there.

I did a 'grep cycling74-announcements /usr/local/mailman/logs/*' and
nothing current came up. Just the test post from earlier today, the last
successful post to be accepted and sent on for moderation. The four
posts that have been sent afterwards to this list do not appear.

> What's in qfiles/in? If it is not empty, what does

It's empty.

> ps -fAw | grep Incoming
>
> show? If it shows a runner with the option --runner=IncomingRunner:0:1,
> then it's OK,

That's what it shows.

Like I said, a real head-scratcher. I guess if worse comes to worst, I
could just try deleting the list and rebuilding it, but I'd like to
avoid that if at all possible.

cheers