[Mailman-Users] single list has stopped working whileotherscontinue to work

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue May 22 04:16:52 CEST 2007

Wallace Winfrey wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>> If so, are you sure there is nothing in Mailman's error log and nothing
>> unusual in Mailman's qrunner and vette logs?
>
>The only thing I see from today in qrunner is my earlier mailman
>restart; vette shows lots of spam 'Post by a non-member to a
>members-only list' to our active lists (as usual), and a few legitimate
>posts here and there.
>
>I did a 'grep cycling74-announcements /usr/local/mailman/logs/*' and
>nothing current came up.

You haven't mentioned Mailman's 'error' log. Is there one (it's
possible there isn't if there's never been an error)? If so, is there
anything in it? Most error log entries won't include the list name so
your grep wouldn't find them.

>Just the test post from earlier today, the last
>successful post to be accepted and sent on for moderation. The four
>posts that have been sent afterwards to this list do not appear.
>
>> What's in qfiles/in? If it is not empty, what does
>
>It's empty.
>

>> ps -fAw | grep Incoming
>>
>> show? If it shows a runner with the option --runner=IncomingRunner:0:1,
>> then it's OK,
>
>That's what it shows.
>
>Like I said, a real head-scratcher. I guess if worse comes to worst, I
>could just try deleting the list and rebuilding it, but I'd like to
>avoid that if at all possible.

That shouldn't be necessary. But, if the message gets to qfiles/in, it
shouldn't disappear without some log message. What happens if you post
a message to the list with Mailman's bin/inject?