[Mailman-Users] Attachments - archives and encoding problems

John Papapanos jpa3nos at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 14:19:15 CEST 2007

> What do you mean by "scrambled"?  Can you give a URL
> where we can
> observe this?  What web browser do you use?  How is
> it configured for
> viewing non-ASCII/ISO-8859-1 encodings?

Here is a URL where I created a list for testing
mailman.

https://mail.bioacademy.gr/pipermail/testlist2/2007-May/thread.html

I have sent several mails to the lists using
iso-8859-1 and iso-8859-7 encodings.

The 2nd and 3rd mails do not really hava an attachment
(forgot to actually attach the file)

Check out the mail with the subject
[Testlist2] Mail sent as iso-8859-7 image attachment

It is not readable. I can't figure out what encoding
is actually used.

I sent the mails using thunderbird by changing the
outgoing mail character encoding in the preferences.

I use firefox to display the web archives. And I
change
the character encoding view settings when the encoding

is not autodetected.