[Mailman-Users] password reminders and unsubscribed users

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed May 2 04:35:20 CEST 2007

Jim Miller wrote:

>I am running mailman 2.1.9.cp2 and have an ongoing issue I can't find an
>solution for.  There are a number of people who have unsubscribed to my
>list, yet they continue to receive monthly password reminders.  A few months
>ago I even disabled the password reminder for the list as a whole, and that
>works for all the subscribed users, yet the old unsubscribed users still
>continue to receive reminders!  I verified once again today that these users
>are not subscribed.  They themselves have no access to the user admin stuff,
>even with the password mailman just sent them and they receive no other
>email traffic from the list, just the password reminders.
>
>Any idea what is causing this, and how to fix the problem?  I am about to
>just remove the password reminder cron entry, which I know disables
>reminders for all list, unless someone has a clue what is going on here.  An
>archive search shows no help for this issue, though it has been mentioned
>before.

There have been past reports of this, and the ones that haven't been
resolved are from cPanel installations.

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.011.htp>.

It's even worse than just unsubscribed members still getting reminders.
See
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2007-February/055638.html>
for a report of users receiving reminders from a deleted list.