[Mailman-Users] password reminders and unsubscribed users

Jim Miller jim at miller5.com
Tue May 1 18:04:19 CEST 2007

I am running mailman 2.1.9.cp2 and have an ongoing issue I can't find an
solution for.  There are a number of people who have unsubscribed to my
list, yet they continue to receive monthly password reminders.  A few months
ago I even disabled the password reminder for the list as a whole, and that
works for all the subscribed users, yet the old unsubscribed users still
continue to receive reminders!  I verified once again today that these users
are not subscribed.  They themselves have no access to the user admin stuff,
even with the password mailman just sent them and they receive no other
email traffic from the list, just the password reminders.

Any idea what is causing this, and how to fix the problem?  I am about to
just remove the password reminder cron entry, which I know disables
reminders for all list, unless someone has a clue what is going on here.  An
archive search shows no help for this issue, though it has been mentioned
before.

jim