[Mailman-Users] Migrating from 1.0 to 2.1.9

runner at winning.com runner at winning.com
Mon Jul 30 23:35:24 CEST 2007

I've inherited another ancient Mailman 1.0 server running Solaris 7.  I have built a new Solaris 10 box to replace it.  I'm not even going to attempt upgrading this thing.  I plan on doing the following:

1) Create the same lists on the new server
2) Export the users from the old lists
3) Import the users into the new lists
4) Copy the listname.mbox files from the old server to the new server
5) Run "bin/cleanarch listname" and "bin/arch --wipe listname" to regenerate each list archive
6) Manually set the list password and security settings for each list

My question is this; Since Mailman 1.0 does not appear to have a dumpdb command, how can I get a dump of the list config for each Mailman 1.0 list?  I'm trying to figure out a way to minimize the manual work associated with step 6.

--
We've Got Your Name at http://www.mail.com!