[Mailman-Users] Mailman roadmap

Michael Kabot mkabot at soarol.com
Tue Jul 10 20:52:44 CEST 2007

Brad,

Thanks.  I didn't expect it to move from its current 3.0 slot, just adding a
+1 for its importance.

I have multiple domains working by doing some "preprocessing" before
Mailman.  I tried the various patches and none worked well.  My method makes
sure I can use the most current Mailman release without have to modify any
patches.

I concatenate the list name the user enters with their unique customer ID
and then hand that guaranteed unique list name to mailman.  I then add Qmail
forwards within their domain for the list name to the list name w/
concatenation.  It has solved my problem in the short term but has the
disadvantage that users see the list concatenation name in email headers.

I would love to help, but afraid my Python experience is non existent.  I
fondly remember my Xerox PARC friends coding away in Python while I was
using Perl, PHP, and C/C++ .....

Mike