[Mailman-Users] Mailman roadmap

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Jul 11 04:44:23 CEST 2007

Michael Kabot writes:

 > I would love to help, but afraid my Python experience is non
 > existent.

If you have coded in any language, well, Python is very readable.  Try
reading the Mailman code, starting with the email module.  If you
like, then help with the code.  If it leaves you cold, continue to
contribute other ways (feature specs, bug reports, doc author/editor,
etc).

The main issue I personally find is just that Mailman is a fairly large
application, depending on some fairly complex libraries, specifically
the email module.  You need to figure out what that module is about,
and (for me) that's been the big hurdle.  If you've got time to help,
there's no big hurry at this point (Mailman isn't going to go away for
at least another decade or so :-), take your time getting up to speed.