[Mailman-Users] Preserving auto-discarded messages for siteadministrator

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Jan 20 02:36:04 CET 2007

Kelly Jones wrote:

>Can I site configure Mailman to preserve all auto-discarded messages
>in a location where only I can see them? That way I can tell my users
>they're stupid, but still give them the messages they lost (the best
>of both worlds!).

Only by modifying code - most obviously the do_discard() function in
Mailman/Handlers/Moderate.py. You could add code to write the message
to a file in the data/ directory (or some other directory) as does
'preserving' messages from the admindb interface, or to add it to the
'bad' queue (or some other) as is done by content filtering's
'preserve' action, or deal with it in yet another way.