[Mailman-Users] forwarding messages from one list to another not asattachments

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Dec 11 15:28:59 CET 2007

On 12/11/07, David Beaumont wrote:

>  I should have added that not only are the original messages plain text but
>  the list is configured to convert text/html parts to plain text.

Plain text or not for the main message body, you may still have other
bodyparts that are in other MIME formats, and you could potentially
be stripping them, or you could allow them through.  If you do allow
them through, then adding footers to your outgoing messages may cause
your "plain text" format message to get encapsulated into a MIME
multi-part/related type, which may be displayed in your MUA in a
manner that is not palatable.

>                                                                    Isn't this
>  proposed solution number 2 in the FAQ
>  http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp ? It
>  doesn't work for us.

Are you sure you're stripping all possible MIME bodypart types that
might be interfering with the mail, and not just converting only the
text/html parts into plain text and leaving the rest alone?

>  Where do I configure proposed solution no. 1 and what is a 'MUA' referred to
>  in solution 3?  Maybe I could try those as well.  We are already trying
>  solution 4 which I have to say works perfectly.

An MUA is a Mail User Agent.  In your case, the X-Mailer: header in
your message says that you're using "Microsoft Office Outlook 11" as
your MUA.  In my case, my MUA is Eudora.  There are plenty of other
options available.