[Mailman-Users] Not able to receive email from list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 3 17:27:18 CET 2007

Chris Arnold wrote:

>Second, we use mailman 2.1.7 (novell rpm) on SLES10/OES2. The mailman
>system has postix installed and we can send email via postfix with no
>problems.

FYI, there may eventually be problems sending to some recipients
because you appear to have a dynamic IP with DNS at mydyndns.org.

>I created a list and got the confirmation email. I joined
>using a yahoo email account and our mytimewithgod domain email. When i
>send a message to the list, i do not get an email at the yahoo account.

Does this mean you do get the mail at "our mytimewithgod domain email"?

If so, or if the post is in the list archive (which I can't see because
you apparently don't have the 'pipermail' alias in your web server),
then at least the post is getting to Mailman.

>I look in the /var/log/email log and do not see where the message is
>even being sent. The list is at
>http://lists.mytimewithgod.net/mailman/listinfo/mtwg-prayer. Any help is
>appreciated

What is in Mailman's post and smtp logs?

Have you gone through the steps at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.078.htp>?