[Mailman-Users] Is it possible to filter what is archived?

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Thu Aug 2 10:04:47 CEST 2007

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Mike Peachey wrote:
>> What I would like to do is filter what gets archived so that if a
>> message originates in mailman (ie from an umbrella list) it doesn't get
>> archived.
>

> I'm pretty sure this isn't what you're asking for, but you could just
> turn off archiving on all the umbrella lists so the posts are only
> archived in the 'final' lists.
>
> I know this results in duplicate archived messages for different
> 'final' lists, but if I'm a member of listx, I want to see listx posts
> in listx's archive regardless of whether they came directly or via one
> or more umbrellas.

If only it were that easy, the problem I have is that I have list admins
complaining to me (and my boss' boss) that their archive is polluted
with messages from top-level lists and they want their archive to just
contain messages sent directly to their list.
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com