[Mailman-Users] Is it possible to filter what is archived?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Aug 2 05:07:53 CEST 2007

Mike Peachey wrote:

>What I would like to do is filter what gets archived so that if a
>message originates in mailman (ie from an umbrella list) it doesn't get
>archived.

I'm pretty sure this isn't what you're asking for, but you could just
turn off archiving on all the umbrella lists so the posts are only
archived in the 'final' lists.

I know this results in duplicate archived messages for different
'final' lists, but if I'm a member of listx, I want to see listx posts
in listx's archive regardless of whether they came directly or via one
or more umbrellas.