[Mailman-Users] Changing the Name of the Mailman Machine

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Apr 24 20:26:32 CEST 2007

Dragon wrote:

>I am curious about this... if the mbox file in question was produced
>entirely by the stock pipermail archiving functionality of Mailman,
>is this step really necessary?

It depends on how old the archives are. Current Mailman relies on the
email library to escape "From " lines in the body of messages written
to the .mbox file, and these should be OK. I think in the distant
past, this wasn't done, so if the .mbox file is old enough, it might
have unescaped "From " lines.