[Mailman-Users] Mail Man Help

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Sep 27 19:33:46 CEST 2006

At 10:50 AM -0500 9/27/06, Barry Finkel wrote:

>                                     Is there 2.1.8 code that has not
>  been ported to the Ubuntu 2.1.5-9?

Dunno.  You need to ask the people who created the binary package you're using.

>                                    Is there code that Ubuntu (or its
>"source" Debian) has written that has not been sent to Free Software
>Foundation?

Dunno.  Again, you need to ask them.

>  I do not know what was needed to "debianize" the code;

Neither do we.

>                                                          I would have
>  assumed that the code from the FSF would run on any Linux without
>  modification.

Should do, yes.  But maybe they want files put in different places
than we do, or perhaps there are some other internal changes we don't
know about.

>                 If any mods were needed, the FSF developers would
>  be told and integrate any needed changes into their source tree.

We would certainly take a look at any of their suggested changes and
see what makes sense to incorporate into our code base, yes.

>  I could envision a few changes, maybe to install mailman into different
>  directories to match the Debian standards, but 83 modules that are
>  different seems to be too many.

I agree, that seems like a lot.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.