[Mailman-Users] mbox files in the archives

Larry Johnson larryj at gsu.edu
Wed Sep 27 21:29:28 CEST 2006

I asked a similar question to this earlier (involving the g'zipped files
in the archives).  I inherited administration of a mailman system (I'm a
solaris sysadmin) and have been trying to figure out the role of the
various files in the archives, so that I know what I can clean out for
space saving purposes.

What is the role of the *.mbox files in the archives?  What would the
effect be of removing one?  Of editing one (and removing older
messages)? They seem to grow continually.  What is best practice for
managing them?

Larry