[Mailman-Users] Mail Man Help

stephen at xemacs.org stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Sep 28 03:23:26 CEST 2006

Patrick Bogen writes:
 > On 9/27/06, Barry Finkel <b19141 at britaine.ctd.anl.gov> wrote:
 > > the source(s) of these differences.  Is there 2.1.8 code that has not
 > > been ported to the Ubuntu 2.1.5-9?

 > I don't know. This is up to the Ubuntu folk. *usually* the -9 means
 > there have been 9 security patches to that version. How up to date
 > this is, exactly, is another question.

Unless Ubuntu is dramatically different from Debian, most of those
changes are going to be config tweaks and updates to the I18N message
catalogs (which Ubuntu prides itself on).

If you're lucky, the Ubuntu changelog may be helpful in identifying
these, but I wouldn't bet on it.  In Debian you just get "Closes
#12345." most of the time.