[Mailman-Users] Question about Archives

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Oct 17 06:42:04 CEST 2006

Ken Winter wrote:

>OK, I went to the host and deleted the files 2006-September (a folder),
>2006-september.txt, and 2006-September.txt.gz.  Alas, the 9/06 archive is
>still listed on the web page.  I guess I have to edit index.html in that
>folder as well.

It won't help. See the post at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-October/053810.html>
for a bit more on this and a link to FAQ 3.3 which describes the
method Lindsay referred to in more detail.

>This all is rather tedious, and pretty much fatal to my hope to farm this
>level of task out to non-techie list administrators who only have the skills
>(and permissions!) to work via the web administrative interface.
>
>Is this the forum to request enhancements?

No, it's not. The proper forum is
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=103&atid=350103> or
preferably the new wiki at
<http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Mailman+2.2>, but your request is