[Mailman-Users] How to setup umbrella lists

Ann-Louise Augustsson ala at chalmers.se
Thu Nov 30 16:23:14 CET 2006

Lonnie Norton skrev:
> Hi,

Hi Lonnie,

> There is a "umbrella_list" setting in the "General Options" for my
> lists but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to setup the umbrella list to
> allow posting from people who are on the sub lists. Has someone written an
> explanation of this procedure?

I just have fresh experiences with this problem. In my case there were
some listmoderators that should be allowed to post to all members in all
lists that was in the umbrella list constellation. They had to be
members in all lists, and have the moderation bit unchecked. For all
ordinary members, the moderation bit should remain checked.

Do you follow?

Best regards,
Ann-Louise Augustsson
Chalmers University of Technology
IT Service/Department of Systems Operation