[Mailman-Users] personalization and limiting number of emails to MTA

Zbigniew Szalbot zbyszek at szalbot.homedns.org
Thu Nov 30 08:43:14 CET 2006

Hello,

Is it possible within Mailman 2.1.9 to limit the number of emails sent to
an MTA responsible for delivery so that not all of them are passed on one
connection? I have a mls with about 600 addresses and the list is set to
full personalization (monthly anounce list). When I ran it for the first
time yesterday I saw mailman delivering about half of the emails on one
connection and probably second half after a slight pause. This pause may
have been caused by my (old) machine not able to cope with so many emails
at one time. I just do not know. What I am looking for is limiting the
number of emails sent by mailman to MTA to some custom defined value. Is
this possible and if so then how?

Thank you!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot