[Mailman-Users] Digest not sent (was: Announce-list only.)

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu May 18 00:50:56 CEST 2006

Peter C.S. Adams wrote:

>After many months of faithful service, Mailman is hiccupping on my server. I
>say "hiccup" because it only seems to be affecting one list. Each day, I get
>an error on the senddigest cron job, and no mail gets posted to the list.
>Following is the error. I am running Mailman 2.1.2. Any ideas? (My apologies
>if this has come up before.)
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/share/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 94, in ?
>    main()
>  File "/usr/share/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 86, in main
>    mlist.send_digest_now()
>  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Digester.py", line 60, in send_digest_now
>    ToDigest.send_digests(self, mboxfp)
>  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 130, in
>send_digests
>    send_i18n_digests(mlist, mboxfp)
>  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 303, in
>send_i18n_digests
>    msg = scrubber(mlist, msg)
>  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 232, in
>process
>    url = save_attachment(mlist, part, dir)
>  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 348, in
>save_attachment
>    fnext = os.path.splitext(msg.get_filename(''))[1]
>  File
>"/BinaryCache/mailman/mailman-105.1.root~2/usr/share/mailman/pythonlib/email
>/Message.py", line 707, in get_filename
>TypeError: unicode() argument 2 must be string, not None

The lists/<listname>/digest.mbox file for the affected list contains a
malformed message from which an attempt to extract the attachment
filename throws the exception.

You have to either edit the digest.mbox file and 'fix' the problem
message or delete it, or move the file aside to resume digest
processing for the list.