[Mailman-Users] Announce-list only.

Peter C.S. Adams peter.adams at umb.edu
Wed May 17 22:10:28 CEST 2006

After many months of faithful service, Mailman is hiccupping on my server. I
say "hiccup" because it only seems to be affecting one list. Each day, I get
an error on the senddigest cron job, and no mail gets posted to the list.
Following is the error. I am running Mailman 2.1.2. Any ideas? (My apologies
if this has come up before.)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 94, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/share/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 86, in main
    mlist.send_digest_now()
  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Digester.py", line 60, in send_digest_now
    ToDigest.send_digests(self, mboxfp)
  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 130, in
send_digests
    send_i18n_digests(mlist, mboxfp)
  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 303, in
send_i18n_digests
    msg = scrubber(mlist, msg)
  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 232, in
process
    url = save_attachment(mlist, part, dir)
  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 348, in
save_attachment
    fnext = os.path.splitext(msg.get_filename(''))[1]
  File
"/BinaryCache/mailman/mailman-105.1.root~2/usr/share/mailman/pythonlib/email
/Message.py", line 707, in get_filename
TypeError: unicode() argument 2 must be string, not None

--
Peter C.S. Adams       (617) 287-7118
Director of Information and Communication Technologies