[Mailman-Users] strange porblem with apache

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Mar 25 16:06:51 CET 2006

Manlio Perillo wrote:
>Mark Sapiro ha scritto:
>> Manlio Perillo wrote:
>>> PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/mailman/private'
>>
>> What's this??
>
>> [...]
>
>The configuration file is correct.

There is no such setting as PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL and if there were I
would expect it to be a URL, not a path.

And do you have something like

VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()

following your redefinitions of DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST?

>The link is correct:

<snip>

>I have done tests with lynx, Mozilla, Firefox, Opera;
>with all of them the browser add a lists.python.mydebian after the
>domain name...

Does this only happen on admin pages? If it happens also to links on
the admin overview, the listinfo overview or a specific listinfo page,
perhaps you could give us a real URL so we can see the actual
generated HTML.

Or, you could try saving the HTML from one of the admin pages to a file
and opening the file in your web browser. If that still has the
problem, maybe you could make that file available to us via the web.

>Moreover in a first installation (I have installed and removed the
>mailman package up to 3 times for testing purpose) all was ok (but the
>configuration was a bit different).

Specifically what was different? And are you installing from source or
is this a debian or other package?