[Mailman-Users] strange porblem with apache

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Sat Mar 25 11:39:53 CET 2006

Mark Sapiro ha scritto:
> Manlio Perillo wrote:
>> I have installed Mailman on my test machine (Debian Sarge on VMWare) but
>> I have hit a strange problem.
>>
>> Here is my configuration:
>>
>> # mm_cfg.py
>> MAILMAN_SITE_LIST = 'mailman'
>>
>> DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http:/%s/mailman/'
>> PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/mailman/private'
>
> What's this??

> [...]

The configuration file is correct.

> <snip>
>> The problem is with the web interfaces.
>> On
>> http://lists.python.mydebian/mailman/listinfo
>>
>> I get links of type:
>> http://lists.python.mydebian/lists.python.mydebian/mailman/admin
>>
>> instead of
>> http://lists.python.mydebian/mailman/admin
>>
>> Why?
>>
>> The strange thing is the the *source* page has the correct links; the
>> same if I read the page with python httplib...
>

> That is strange. If the source HTML has the correct link, why does your
> browser mung it? is the source link absolute - i.e., does it start
> with http://?

The link is correct:

> Did you create the list before arriving at the above mm_cfg.py
> settings?. If so, the web_page_url list attribute is probably wrong.
> The easiest way to fix it is with bin/fix_url.py.

Already done, the problem is not here.

I have done tests with lynx, Mozilla, Firefox, Opera;
with all of them the browser add a lists.python.mydebian after the
domain name...

Moreover in a first installation (I have installed and removed the
mailman package up to 3 times for testing purpose) all was ok (but the
configuration was a bit different).

Thanks and regards  Manlio Perillo