[Mailman-Users] strange porblem with apache

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Sat Mar 25 17:58:43 CET 2006

Mark Sapiro ha scritto:
> [...]
> And do you have something like
>
> VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
> add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
>
> following your redefinitions of DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST?

Yes, but I don't have a VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear().

>> The link is correct:
>>
> <snip>
>> I have done tests with lynx, Mozilla, Firefox, Opera;
>> with all of them the browser add a lists.python.mydebian after the
>> domain name...
>

> Does this only happen on admin pages?

No.
I can't use any of the admin task, such as list creation.

> If it happens also to links on
> the admin overview, the listinfo overview or a specific listinfo page,
> perhaps you could give us a real URL so we can see the actual
> generated HTML.

The actual generated HTML is ok.
The link is correct.
It is only the browser that seems to add that URL fragment.

Here is an example using httplib (sorry, but the language is italian):

>>> import httplib
>>> con = httplib.HTTPConnection('lists.python.mydebian')
>>> con.request('GET', '/mailman/listinfo')
>>> r = con.getresponse()
>>> print r.status, r.reason
200 OK
>>> print r.msg