[Mailman-Users] Create new list fails - unknown virtual host...

Andre Tann atann at gmx.net
Sun Mar 12 13:16:39 CET 2006

Hello everyone,

when trying to create a new list through the web interface, Mailman
says "unknown virtual host: mailsrv".
"mailsrv" is the name of the local machine. I can't find which
setting is wrong - can someone give me a hint?

I have set in my mm_cfg.py:

[...]
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'domain.net'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.domain.net'
MTA = 'Postfix'
SMTPHOST = 'localhost'
SMTPPORT = '25'
VIRTUAL_HOSTS = {'mailsrv.domain.lan':'domain.lan'}
[...]

Where:

- the host where Mailman is running on is _not_ the MX for
domain.net, but it is linked to the MX by a fetchmail link.

- mailsrv.domain.lan is the name of the host where Mailman is
running on

- domain.lan is the local domain

What to do?

--