[Mailman-Users] Bounce issues with Yahoo

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Fri Mar 3 20:39:49 CET 2006

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 06:46:28AM -0500, Jonathan Dill wrote:

> For the sender, there is a very simple solution to "whitelist" his or
> her own e-mail addresses which I have used myself:  subscribe the other
> e-mail address then set "Mail delivery" to "Disabled."

Or the admin can add these additional addresses to
accept_these_nonmembers.

The users who need this done generally don't even realize their
address changed, and don't follow directions well enough to whitelist
themselves. So my reject message for non-members says, "If you think
you are a member of this list, email the list owner and he'll fix it."

BTW, irony of ironies, Yahoo Groups sends rejection messages to
non-members. What's sauce for the goose is poison for the gander.

-- greg