[Mailman-Users] can't send out mail using postfix with mailman

Jana Nguyen jnguyen at ncmir.ucsd.edu
Thu Mar 2 22:34:59 CET 2006

I'm having problem sending out mail using postfix with mailman, error below:
Mar 02 13:29:40 2006 (6457) delivery to jnguyen at ncmir.ucsd.edu failed
with code -1: (110, 'Connection timed out')

When I do a telnet localhost 25 it just stalled forever:
[root at bcc-dev-0-12 ~]# telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...

I've checked the IP tables for port 25, looks fine:

[root at bcc-dev-0-12 ~]# iptables --list | grep 25
iptables --list | grep 25
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:5825
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:5925

Postfix is also running, so any idea of the problems?