[Mailman-Users] Question regarding Mailman

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jun 27 05:53:28 CEST 2006

ONG,HAI-SEONG wrote:

>I have created the public directories in the archives and it works well
>now, but however when I clicked on "List Archives", it will go to the
>link http://mail.mys.avagotech.net/pipermail/venus (venus is one of the
>mailing list), the error is "Forbidden...you don't have permission to
>access /pipermail/venus/ on this server".

Assuming Apache, you may need to add the FollowSymLinks option to the
archives/public/ directory or you may need to add o+x to the
permissions on archives/private/. See the apache error log for
possible additional info.

>One more thing is that how may I change every subscriber email from
>xxx at agilent.com to xxx at avagotech.com

Without a knowledge of Python and Mailman to create a withlist script,
see 'bin/list_members --help' and 'bin/clone_member --help'.
Basically, you can use bin/list_members to make a list of the members,
edit that to delete all the non xxx at agilent.com addresses then edit
further to create lines like

bin/clone_member -r xxx at agilent.com xxx at avagotech.com

and run that as a shell script.